What we do
Bioinformatics, Biostatistics and Design of Experiment (DoE) are combined at Leukocare to explore a broader design space than conventional approaches to reach optimal formulations in less time at lower costs. In comparison to trial-and-error and high-throughput screening, the rational design of wet-lab experiments together with in silico analyses requires less drug substance and yields more value for each experiment.
The right data enables the right decisions:
- Design of Experiments (DoE) instead of high-throughput screening
- Pharma 4.0: advanced device digitalization and data processing
- Automated data quality checks in accordance with Quality by Design principles
- AI to predict drug and formulation properties
Diagram (left) shows an optimization design space
Reduce development time by shifting experiments from in-vitro to in-silico:
- Molecular modelling and structural analysis
- Client services for structurally-informed selection of protein drug candidates
- Customized algorithms to predict long-term drug stability
- Response surface methodology to predict stability of untested formulations
Model (left) shows the prediction of aggregation sites
Response Surface Methodology:
- Contours based on RSM intuitively predict the best concentration of excipients' combinations
- Synergistic interactions between excipients are detected and exploited for enhancing formulation composition.
- Enhanced Drug Substance stability for the development of optimal formulations
- Data-driven bioinformatics using innovative methods to save time in drug formulation development.
Picture (left) shows response surface methodology contour plot.